Yahoo mail account is one of the most popular email address across the globe even thou that people are yet to start making using of this wonderful email platform. If you want to know more effective this email address is, then follows us as we guide you on how to create a yahoo email account on your phone.
What Is Yahoo Email?
Yahoo Mail is a very reliable mailing platform launched on October 8, 1997, by the American company Yahoo, Inc. The service is free for personal use, with an optional monthly fee for additional features. Business email was previously available with the Yahoo! Small Business brand, before it transitioned to Verizon Small Business Essentials in early 2022. As of January 2020, Yahoo! Mail has 225 million users.
Features Of Yahoo Email Address
Moving beyond the e-mail basics, let’s take a look at more features of Yahoo Mail, such as e-mail attachments, message archiving and searches and remote access to Yahoo Mail. We’ll also see why some Yahoo users may prefer to stick with the older version, Mail Classic, although it lacks some Yahoo Mail features.
Attachments are documents or images that you send with a message. You can attach up to 10MB (megabytes) of files to each message. These can be word-processing or spreadsheet documents, audio files, images and Web pages as HTML files. Here’s how to add an attachment:
- Click “Attach” next to the paperclip above the Compose window.
- Using the file-locating window, find the file you want to attach and click “Open” or “OK.”
- The file name will appear above the Compose window. To add more attachments, repeat this process. Yahoo Mail scans each outgoing attachment for viruses.
When you open a message with a paperclip above it, you’ve received an attachment. Here’s how to download it:
- Switch to “Full Message View” to see the name, type and size of the attached file.
- Click on the name of the file, and a virus scan will check the document. A window will open telling you if a threat was detected in the document.
- Click “Cancel” if you don’t want to open the attachment or “Download Attachment” if you do.
- Another window will let you choose to save the file to your computer’s hard drive, to just open and view it, or to cancel.
Message Archiving and Searches
Yahoo Mail allows you to set up folders to store and manage your messages. Several folders exist automatically at the left of the home screen — Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam, Trash, Contacts and All Feeds. Below that is a section for the folders you create. To create a folder, click on “Add” next to the My Folders icon. A new untitled folder will appear below. Click twice on “untitled” to open a box where you can rename the folder. To add messages to the folder, drop and drag them from your inbox or other folders.
You’ll probably want to search at some point for information like an address, a document or a name you need. Here’s how.
- Find the search window, upper left with a magnifying glass icon and the words “Find Messages.”
- Type what you need to find — a name, a word in a message or attachment, or a subject.
- Click “Go,” or press “Enter.”
- A tab will open listing all the messages that contain what you want, including in attachments.
- Click on the message you want to open.
You can access Yahoo Mail by going to http://mail.yahoo.com and signing on from any PC running Windows 2000 or later that has Web access via Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, Firefox 1.0 and newer, or Mozilla Suite 1.7. With a Mac running Mac OSX 10.0 or newer, you need Web access via Firefox 1.0 or newer, or Mozilla Suite 1.7. (We’ll talk about mobile access later.)
Yahoo Mail vs. Yahoo Classic
Not all features of Yahoo Mail are available for some browsers or for Macintosh computers. You can switch back to Mail Classic at any time by hitting the “Switch Back” link at the upper left of your home page.
Yahoo Mail offers plenty of tools to make e-mailing easier. Next, let’s take a closer look at some of them.
How to Create a Yahoo Email Account
Here is how to create a Yahoo mail account:
- Go to your browser open Yahoo.com
- Now click on the Signup button.
- Now fill up your basic Information to create Yahoo account type your basic information- Name, age, gender, date of birth.
- Now click on the Continue button to create a Yahoo account.
- Create Yahoo Account with a phone number.
- Enter your mobile number to confirm your account.
- Now you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your previously entered phone number.
- Enter the OTP and verify your account.
- Finally, your Yahoo account has been successfully created.
Yahoo Mail also includes a view for checking all your email subscriptions and a button that allows you to unsubscribe from any of them with a single click. Yahoo India’s mail service is also available in eight Indian regional languages.