A*Star International fellowship is open for international students to pursue a post-doctoral degree in Singapore. Our post-doctoral scholarships offer sophisticated teaching possibilities at prestigious universities and labs to assist you to create fresh science capacities and undertake cutting-edge studies in your specialization sector.
Expand your study experience, deepen your understanding, and build global connections with the A*STAR International Fellowship to promote your science profession. This scholarship fully supports your post-doctoral training at leading laboratories overseas. With this international exposure, you can connect and build international networks with the global research community. Upon completion of your post-doctoral training, you will embark on an exciting career at an A*STAR Research Institute. After completion of the post-doctoral research training, scholars will return to Singapore and contribute three (3) years to the A*STAR Research Institute.
- Level of Study: Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Institution(s): A*STAR
- Study in: Singapore
- Course Offered:
- Chemicals, materials, and energy
- Food, nutrition & consumer care
- Pharmaceuticals & biologics
- Medical technology
- Infocomms (infocommunications)
- Program Period: 2 years
- Round 1: 1 October of the preceding year
- Round 2: 1 March of the same year
AStar International fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance.
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable).
- Annual return airfare.
- Other allowances include:
- Settling-in allowance.
- Computer allowance.
- Book allowance.
- Conference allowance.
- Annual personal insurance.
- The 3 years will be completed and funded by the preferred A*STAR Research Institute.
- All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time.
To be eligible for an A*Star International fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a Ph.D. within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their Ph.D. may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their Ph.D. degree.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply for an A*Star International fellowship?
Please follow the following important steps to avail of this scholarship:
- Sign Up for” Create your own account”, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
- Fill in the required application, then Submit it.
- After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend psychometric test/s and at least two rounds of interviews.
Please note for the interview: You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project. This is followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
If you qualify for the next interview round(s): you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the 1-year service commitment period at that Research Institute after the post-doctoral training under the AIF.